Equipment Distribution Program
Who is Eligible for Equipment?
- Be a resident of the State of Oklahoma
- Be 60 years of age or older for the hearing aid program
- Provide verification (proof) of:
- Hearing or speech impairment (Not required for hearing aid program)
- loss severe enough to require use of TTY or amplifier to use the telephone.
- List any other contributing disability
(i.e. blindness, visual impairment, physical disability, etc.) This must be verifiable.
- Income: (See form for details)
- Requests for Captioned Telephones (CapTel) require an audiogram.
To be eligible, a person must:
- Any physician licensed to practice medicine in the State of Oklahoma
- Speech pathologist
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
- Other individual or agency with records to verify disability
The following persons are qualified to verify applicant's disability:
If you need more information, Contact the Equipment Distribution Program Office at:
Services to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Oklahoma School for the Deaf
1100 East Oklahoma Street Sulphur, OK 73086-3108
Video Phone: 405-294-3977, or 405-294-3968
Please note; The hearing aid program only has sufficient funds to provide
ONE non-digital hearing aid per person.